Plaza Basilio Paraíso 4.
50005 Zaragoza, Spain
ETFA’2019 will be host by the University of Zaragoza and organized by Aragon Institute for Engineering Research (I3A). The event will be located at Paraninfo Building, the most beautiful and emblematic building of the University of Zaragoza, in the city center of Zaragoza.
Getting to Zaragoza
The most comfortable way to reach Zaragoza is by plane. Zaragoza’s international airport (“Aeropuerto de Zaragoza”) is just nine kilometers away from the city centre. Detailed information about how to reach the city centre from the airport is available here.
The following airlines operate regularly from Zaragoza’s international airport:
- Ryanair (London, Brussels, Milan, Naples, Lamezia, Athens).
- Wizzair (Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca)
- Volotea (Venice, Munchen)
- Air Europa (mainly from/to Spanish islands).
You can take either a bus or a taxi from the airport to the city centre.
If you are coming by the AVE train, we strongly advice you to buy the tickets with anticipation – they often run out of them!
These are the AVE train lines you should take to get to Zaragoza:
- From Madrid, you can take either the AVE train to Barcelona or to Huesca (lines: “Ave Málaga / Sevilla – Madrid-Zaragoza-Camp de Tarragona – Barcelona” and “Ave Madrid-Zaragoza-Huesca”).
- From Barcelona, you must take the AVE train to Madrid (line: “Ave Barcelona – Camp de Tarragona – Llerida – Zaragoza”).
The train arrives at the Zaragoza Delicias station (address: Avda. Rioja, 33). There is a tourism office there with free maps and other interesting stuff. You can also take the city bus from there. A useful map of the city bus lines can also be found here.
You can also fly to Madrid or Barcelona and take a coach to Zaragoza. This usually takes quite longer than the AVE train (aprox. 3h 30′-4h) but tickets can be easily bought through the ALSA coach company website.
The coach arrives at the Zaragoza Delicias station (address: Avda Rioja, 33). There is a tourism office there with free maps and other interesting stuff. You can also take the city bus from there. A useful map of the city bus lines can also be found here.