Getting to Zaragoza
1. Flight to Madrid or Barcelona + High speed train AVE to Zaragoza
The easier way to reach Zaragoza is flying to Madrid or Barcelona and then taking the AVE train to Zaragoza, operated by RENFE. AVE trains run hourly from 6:05 to 21:30 and arrive to Zaragoza in ~1h30min. Allow at least a 2h margin between flight arrival and train departure.
If you are coming by the AVE train, we strongly advice you to buy and print the tickets in advance – they often run out of them!
From Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport, go to Atocha RENFE train station either by taxi (30 minutes, around €30) or by metro (45 minutes, around €4.5) or by train (Signed posted as “Cercanias” leaving from T4 and takes around 40 mins) and then take the high speed train AVE to Zaragoza (1h20min, around €50).
From Barcelona El Prat Airport, the easiest way is to take the half-hourly RENFE C-10 suburban train from T2 (if you arrive at T1 there is an airport bus shutlle which takes you to T2 train station) to Barcelona Sants (20 minutes, around €4.50), and then take the high speed train AVE to Zaragoza (1h25min, around €60).
If you arrive to Madrid-Barajas later than 19:30 you can still make it to Zaragoza taking a coach from Barajas terminal T4 to Zaragoza (3h30min, around €16.80, last coach at 1:45AM). Book and print your ticket in advance at www.alsa.com or use the ALSA ticket vending machine (exit from T4 to the bus stop area and look to your right).
2. Low-Cost flight to Zaragoza from some European cities
Some low-cost companies offer a few direct flights to Zaragoza. These are non-connecting flights, so they are probably not convenient if you come from outside Europe:
- London (Stansted), 13:25 – 16:40 on Tue, Wed and Sun; 14:00 – 17:15 on Thu; 17:15 – 20:30 on Sat.
- Brussels (Charleroi), 06:20 – 08:20 on Tue; 07:05 – 09:05 on Fri.
- Milan (Bergamo), 06:40 – 08:40 on Mon, Sun; 15:25 – 17:25 on Wed, Fri.
- Naples, 08:50 – 17:25 on Wed, Fri (connecting flights via Milan).
- Lamezia, 08:30 – 17:25 on Wed, Fri (connecting flights via Milan).
- Bucharest, 15:15 – 17:50 on Tue, Thu, Sat.
- Cluj-Napoca, 18:45 – 21:05 on Tue, Thu, Sat.
- Menorca (Mahon), 08:35 – 09:55 on Tue; 12:10 – 13:30 on Sat.
- Munchen, 18:05 – 20:30 on Mon and Thu.
- Venice, 12:30 – 14:50 on Mon and Thu.
- Air Europa (mainly from/to Spanish islands).
Transfer to/from the airport:
Zaragoza’s international airport (“Aeropuerto de Zaragoza”) is just nine kilometers away from the city centre. Detailed information about how to reach the city centre from the airport is available here.
Transfer to/from the train and coach station:
All trains and buses arrive to Delicias Train Station (address: Avda Rioja, 33) that is some 2km away from the city centre, and can be reached by urban buses 34 and 51 or by taxi (10 minutes, around €20). A useful map of the city bus lines can also be found here.
Arriving by car